Monday, June 30, 2008

12 week visit


So my peeps took me to Dr. Lori today for my check up and shots. Yes, a very large needle in my ass - no I didn't flinch. That is right, my dad says I must have a very high pain tolerance! Apparently I am in excellent physical form, could have saved them some money and told them that! Most importantly, I got my vaccinations so I can go and play in the doggie park. My mom is super excited about this, something about getting rid of energy. Apparently they are not used to a dog that doesn't sleep at all during the night. That is right, I stay awake the ENTIRE night, panting, playing with toys, contemplating the meaning of life. My mom is a really light sleeper so the panting is keeping her awake. WHATEVER. They don't get mad because I am not barking or being disruptive, I think they are just frustrated. So this week, while Mom is on vacation, they are trying to wear me out. Good luck people, I am 3 months old and full of energy, oh yeah - I am also a KUVASZ. So I don't really listen, or at least I selectively listen. My dad says I am really smart, and only pay attention when I want to. I can't be bothered with stupid human tricks. I do my perimeter checks, actively seek out Paco when she escapes into the backyard. I have now trapped her 4 times. My dad didn't believe my mom when she first told him I did this. I have done it 3 times since and he is amazed. It is kinda fun, stupid cat. Here are a few things my parents have learned since bringing me.

1. No one was lying when they said that the Kuvasz is independent. Seriously people, give me some space.

2. The Kuvasz coat is like no other. I can be black from dirt and with a quick brush and shake I am pure white again.

3. Kuvasz are born LIVESTOCK GUARDIAN DOGS. I am only 3 months old and I LOVE TO SERVE AND PROTECT!

So, that is about it. I now weigh 20lbs - double from my last visit. I have changed my food. Aunt Carrie wasn't happy with the kind I was on, and didn't want me on any crappy Proctor and Gamble animal testing food. So we found a suitable one!

In closing, the humans have bought a HALTI for me - see this post it sums it up. Thanks Biggie!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yey the dog park!!!

Glad you have a clean bill of health.

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

hi,

welcome to www.dogswithblogs.com.au - it is great to meet you, and I am sure that you will make lots of new friends here :)

love

opy

Amber-Mae said...

Hiya T-Bone! Nice to meet cha! oooh, you're the 2nd dog in DWB named T-Bone. The other dog here who is an Airedale is named T-Bone Beaseley. He's a cool dude! I think he'll be thrilled to meet another T-Bone online. Kekeke!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Unknown said...

Even though I'm a Cairn terrier, I think we may have the same coat. Mommy says I'm made out of synthetics because it dries so quickly and doesn't get dirty very easily!

Your pal,

Petey

Biggie-Z said...

T-Bone, you are getting BIG! And you are amazing at trapping stuff. I don't have kittehs to trap though I am pretty curious about them. When I was about 6 months old I got to visit Uncle Peter and Uncle Michael and go to their house, where I chased all of their guinea fowl, turkeys, chickens and ducks. That was really fun but boy did I get yelled at when I caught a duck!

I hate the halti too. Well, now I just tolerate it because as long as I am good I just wear it without having my leash attached to it. But if I get naughty, leash gets clipped to halti. Boooooo!

But your parents are right to get you used to it early before you get too strong. Don't ever pull or knock your humans over - especially the kid. That will get you in a TON of trouble!

Hugs, Biggie