Monday, June 16, 2008

Sleep.....

EDITORS COMMENTS:

Ok, so I admit I had VERY high expectations for this puppy. Very unrealistic expectations. We were spoiled when we brought our daughter home from the hospital. She slept through the night after a couple of weeks, we had to wake her for feedings. For some reason I thought this would happen with the puppy. Not so much. The first night we put T-Bone in the crate in the basement. We (Manny) was up every 2 hours to let him out. It was the first night, we understood. This happened for almost a week, we were at a loss we couldn't function anymore because of the lack of sleep! So, on the advice of a fellow Kuvasz owner (shout Biggie's Mom), we moved the crate into our bedroom. WOW, that night he slept 6 hours straight, got up to go pee, then back down for another 2 hours. It was the most glorious night of sleep ever. Second night, same thing. Last night. 7 hours! I can't even go 7 hours at night without having to pee!!! We figure, because T-Bone is a livestock guardian dog, he wants to protect, well he can't protect us if he can't see us! So fingers crossed this move upstairs will mean sleep.

On another note, he is growing tall. My sister came up this weekend and said he is thin, he is thin. Unfortunately for the past week he has had the runs, poor guy. So Saturday he was on rice all day, he didn't care for that. Today Manny dropped a sample off at Dr. Lori's to make sure there aren't any parasites there. If not, looks like it is probably the food!!!

T-BONE:

Hey folks, been at my new home for over a week now. Things are pretty good. They have two cats that love to play with me. I chase them as much as I can, hey - the one is overweight she can stand to lose a few with some chases. There seems to be a lot of rules. No jumping on the little people, no biting, no peeing in the house. It is not a problem, I have pretty much figured out what is allowed and what is not allowed. For instance, I am allowed to sleep in the crappy garden out back, but NOT ALLOWED in rock garden. What is up with that? Once the people moved my crate upstairs there has been an understanding. I won't bark my face off if you give me that yummy peanut butter. I love my peanut butter. My mom took some pictures of me yesterday to show how I have grown. She will post them soon so everyone can see what a stud I am.

1 comment:

Biggie-Z said...

Hooray, T-Bone! You are turning into a big boy (slowly). The runs might be due to stress - I made runny poo any time I was stressed out and worried, and all that crying can't be good - and you can try some delicious canned pumpkin (unsesaoned) NOT the pumpkin pie filling, to firm up the poo. Plain yogurt helps too. In fact, when I was weaned the first thing I ate was a sticky gruel made out of pumpkin and yogurt mixed together. It's still delicious and now I have it mixed with my ground veggies. Try 1/4 cup of each, together. You may also want to try some probiotic capsules. My mom has those on hand for squishy times too.

Oh, and last thing - corn gives me the runs too (I know, so many things to keep track of!), and some dogs have grain allergies, so have Manny make sure there's no grain/corn in your food (rice is usually ok).

And one last, LAST thing - sometimes we can get giardia from drinking standing dirty water. So make sure that's not it either.

Good luck!

Biggie